Tier 4 Update
Reigate & Banstead along with the rest of Surrey (excluding Waverley) is now under Tier 4:
Stay at Home restrictions. This means tighter measures as well as a withdrawal of the planned easing of restrictions over the Christmas period.Tier 4: Stay at Home
The new restrictions are closely aligned to those in place during the national November lockdown, and mean:
- you should stay at home except for limited exceptions (e.g. for essential travel for work, education or medical appointments)
- you cannot meet indoors with anyone not in your household or existing support bubble
- you can only meet outdoors with one person from another household
- you must not travel into/out of a Tier 4 area except for limited exceptions (e.g. for essential travel for work, education or medical appointments)
- all non-essential shops, personal care, indoor gyms as well as hospitality venues must close.
Full details of the new Tier 4: Stay at Home restrictions, including additional exceptions, can be found on the GOV.uk website.Christmas
The planned easing of restrictions for five days over Christmas has been cancelled for those within Tier 4 areas, meaning that you cannot form or join a Christmas bubble.
People living in Tiers 1-3, can now only meet with two other households for one day only, on Christmas day, instead of the five days previously announced.
For further information on Reigate & Banstead Council Services and news of business support please click here for the information